Home City Records (MCPS/PRS, BPI, PPL, VPL, IFPI) was established in February 2002 by Nataba Venture Capital group with a brief to find and promote fresh popular-music talent worldwide. Releases to date include R&B-Pop group "Q Tone", Pop-Disco compilation "Home City Dance Party" and in a few weeks, Dance-Trance "Jupiter Rose". More releases are scheduled for Summer and Autumn 2003.
Jupiter Rose is the umbrella name under which Home City Records has commenced what they plan to be the most successful and longest running cross over Dance music promotion and marketing series of releases to date. The project is backed by a consortium of venture capitalists from the UK and United States.
Square Bear is Steve Worswick from Goole, East Yorkshire, England. A gifted composer and producer, he has been producing dance/trance music for over 4 years with remarkable success. Following reviews and advice from Andi Durrant of Galaxy FM radio, Steve has further advanced his production to feed the exact yearnings of Dance music lovers in a way that only a successful regular hands-on Dance DJ such as Andi, and the Galaxy Radio Network know it for their listeners. Square Bear has signed a three album deal over three years with Home City Records. According to the Label VP for New Business Michael Family "...Square Bear is a very rare gifted dance musician ... he does the work with the help of the synthesizer and not the reverse..."
The four track vinyl mini album contains the tracks, "Firestorm": an uplifting melodic trance number; "Run Away": a vocal melodic trance edit of a pop song by Latvian pop singer Yana Kay; "NRGeneration": a hard trance driver developed between himself and production partner Davian.
Features to date:
- Square Bear's track "Royal Blue" is featured on compilation CD titled, "Best of Beats Vol. 4" alongside ATB, Ian Van Dahl and Timo Maas.
- Square Bear's track "Dancer In The Rain" is play listed in Swedish radio station, BMU91.6FM in Botryka, Stockholm with an audience of hundreds of thousands
- Square Bear's tracks "Close Your Eyes" and "Summer Goes" have been played heavily at Kazantip, Ukraine and Ibiza by DJ Tom Kallen. Kazantip attracts an average of 600,000 people per day and is equivalent to Ibiza for Russians.
- His music is featured on jukeboxes in public houses in his hometown of Goole and is a regular feature at "The Lowther", and other nightclubs in and around Goole. His recent vinyl release has seen his music appear in nightclubs up and down the UK.
- His music has been played on several UK radio stations including the Galaxy network and the Big City group of stations.
- His track "The Trancemission" is featured on the Official Dance eJay 5 promotional CD.
Contact: Michael Family, Tel: 0208 2924975, 07960259923